[Bards] Kingdom Eisteddfod

Catrin ferch Maelgwn ladycatrin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:40:01 PST 2009

A question has been raised regarding just how much documentation I'm asking
for.  The answer is: not much.  You should be fine with a single page with
some basic information - what it is you're performing, when and where in
period the piece (or style) occurred, a little about how it came about, and
whether there are any major differences or non-period elements in your own
performance/composition.  You may include a short bibliography if you wish.

Please do not let the presence of this requirement discourage or scare you
away from competing.  I want to see that you are able to perform work that
is documentable to our period of study, and that you have some knowledge of
what you're performing--but I am not expecting a research paper.  You are
required to show that one of your pieces is period; however, you will be
judged on your performance of your chosen material, not on your
documentation.

I hope that helps!

-Catrin