[Bards] The Ultimate Cymry and Western Song

Catrin ferch Maelgwn ladycatrin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:30:31 PST 2009

And for those of you who want the full experience (poor souls)...

It was all that I could do to keep from screamin.
But I knew it would be useless to protest,
'Cause the herald who announced me in the tourney
Never had to take pronunciation tests

You don't have to call me Edward Longshanks,
And you don't have to call me Charlemagne
You don't have to call me King Alfred, anymore.
Even when I'm fightin' with the Danes—

And you'll run this list as long as they will let you,
And you don't mind that we're standin' in the rain
You don't have to call me by my title—
You never even called me by my name.

Well I've heard my name at court, when it's been butchered,
And I've heard it shouted over a few hay bales
But the only time, I know, I’ll hear Catrin ferch Madog Maelgwn ap Llewellyn
Is when I'm Queen, and all the heralds are from Wales!

And you'll run this list as long as they will let you,
And you don't mind that we're standin' in the rain
You don't have to call me by my title--
You never even called me
(Why don't you ever call me?)
You never even called me by my naaaaaaame.

-Catrin