[Bards] Bards in the SCA - Questions

Jeffrey Clark jmclark85 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:50:25 PDT 2010

The Anglo-Saxons had Scops. Scops were poet-musicians who recited epic
verse, using a combination of improvised song, chanting, and dramatic
recitation; often to the accompaniment of a harp (THE Anglo-Saxon
instrument). I, for one, am a big fan of the style used by the scops in
their verses.

-AS Zorzi