[Bards] Sad News

Brett Chandler-Finch naturemakeswell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 02:28:14 PST 2011

Greetings fellow bards,

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that the yellow and
black bard cloak was destroyed.    I took it to the dry cleaners to
have it cleaned and pressed for Eisteddfod.   The dry cleaners ruined
the cloak.   There are stains all over it.   They claim the black bled
onto the yellow, however the stains are all over the cloak and I am
beginning to believe they may have damaged it in some other way.
The dry cleaner was unable to repair the damage.  I had the cloak
cleaned last year with no problems.  I am currently looking into legal
issues to recover damages for the cloak.

Though I did nothing wrong, I still feel horribly guilty for taking
the cloak to the cleaners at all as it was perfectly fine and did not
truly need to be cleaned.   I will be having a new cloak built,
however it will not be ready in time for Eisteddfod. I will get it to
the new champion when it is completed.   We still have the original
cloak.

I would like your input into the design for the new cloak.   I am
looking at making the cloak out of a lighter material as the cloak was
a bit warm especially when standing in court.   The award consitution
states that the cloak is "A cloak of many colors bearing the badge of
the Premier Bard of Ansteorra on the back"    Do we wish to have a
multicolored cloak built or a yellow and black cloak built.  another
option would be a yellow and black cloak with a multicolored trim
around the edges.

Again I am sorry for having failed in my duties to protect the regalia.

Goldweard of St. Golias

Premier Bard

--
---