[Bards] CoW Bardic Competition

Robert Atwood rob at mummersguild.com
Mon Feb 21 11:13:57 PST 2011

While I'd love to hang on to the title for another year and write a few more songs for my brethren (and sistren), it is time for me to relinquish the great honor of being House Bard for Wolfstar.

In addition, for those who are not members of this mighty house, but choose to join us in celebration this weekend anyway, there is a prize as well for the best non-household performance.  We welcome all comers.

Therefor there will be a great bardic competition on Saturday Night after dark.  Assuming there is no fire ban, there will be fire.  And, since this is a Wolfstar bardic competition, after all, there will be Fire, too!  Come warm yourself and compete for the honor, or simply come enjoy and maybe swap a few stories afterwards.  This promises to be a great laid-back good time.

For those who will be competing, be sure to bring two pieces.  They may be stories, songs, poems, instrumental, or a mix of all three (I haven't heard a good poem backed up by nose flute in a while, so nearly anything goes!).  There are no rules on the entries, but at least one piece should be about wolves or Wolfstar in some shape or fashion (a good intro linking it back to the house would be acceptable, as would a stirring rendition of "Little Red Riding Hood"... I'm not a stickler).  However, be aware of your audience... epic sagas longer than five minutes or so may well result in the performer being shown the dangers of being surrounded by a pack of bored wolves, so make sure it's entertaining!

It has been my signal honor to be the bard of this great household for a year, and I am looking forward to passing on the beautiful medallion and the honor that accompanies it this weekend.

Yours, in service to Wolfstar and the Dream,

Rob (o' the Faire)