[Bards] Query

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Sun Feb 6 19:50:21 PST 2011

From: Jeffrey Clark wrote:

>On the other side of the issue: if I were going to Kingdom A&S with a garb
>entry and I walked in with a strip of fabric and noted in my documentation
>that it normally would have been a dress but I didn't have the
>time/means/motivation to actually turn the fabric into a dress... would that
>be acceptable too?

He asked about doing a complete performance and noting where it is different from a period complete performance. It functions as a period performance does, and can entertain an audience just as a period performance can.  Your question isn't about a dress that is different from a period dress, but about something that cannot in fact be worn as a period dress can be worn.

I think we're all agreed that a portion of a performance that cannot move an audience because it's just a portion should not get high marks.

The problem with your analogy is that it is not analogous.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin