[Bards] The job of the Premier Bard (was Greetings All)

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 17 08:40:52 PST 2012

I recommend that we be as specific as possible. "[T]o support, encourage, and promote performing" is a pretty phrase, but what does it mean? You could use the same words to describe that duties of each local MoAS, or any performing Laurel, or even those of an Iris or Thistle. Supporting, encouraging and promoting are goals; what are the actual actions that will support, encourage, and promote?

I'm not picking on Alden - we need to know what the goals are before we work out the actions. But once we accept that the Premier Bard needs to support the performers, that doesn't help him to do so, separate from some actual concrete suggestions.

We're bards; we should be able to come up with the right clear, concrete words.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin