[Bg-dance] Dance guild

Mariah McElroy mariahmce at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:54:23 PDT 2001

Hey, I'm very sorry you have to be leaving us. I'll really miss your
fabulous tutelage. I'm not sure if someone has stepped forward yet to take
over dance guild, you had mentioned you might have trouble finding a
replacement. I love going every two weeks and I would really miss it if
noone took over.  I however, know I'm not active in over SCA happenings.
But, I think I've come up with an idea that might intice someone to be the
chair.  If no one else who is more active in SCA events wants to chair dance
guild outright, maybe we could think of a chair/ co-chair kind of
arrangement. I come to most every dance practice, but I'm a student and I
know I probably have more flexible time than most. So if there is someone
who comes to dance practice every once in a while but has good SCA
connections (who could work with them about events, reserving a room, that
sort of thing) what could be the chair, I would go to all the dance
practices and teach and supervise if they weren't able to make it every time
we met. This might work, since there are several people who are semi-active
in dance guild but who are very active in SCA and might not have the time to
take full responsibility for running everything.  Tell me what you think,
I'd really hate to see the dance guild disappear. =)

Mariah