[Bg-dance] Dance meeting places...

Myfanwy ferch Eifion myfanwy at pug.net
Mon May 20 05:27:48 PDT 2002

O.k, it has been forever since we have been able to dance in this
barony.  It seems relatively obvious that there are not going to be any
free meeting places unless we meet at people's houses.  I don't mind doing
some kind of rotation with that, but we need at least 3 if not 4 houses to
meet at.  My other question is, are we willing to pay for a meeting
room?  If so, how much are we willing to pay and how often.  For example,
when we were looking for a room to hold populace meeting at a few months
ago, I had called a bowling alley and they had a room available for
$25/meeting. If we were to meet twice a month, that would be $50 which
would come to around $5/month.  If we were to do this, I would recommend
that one person (I'll even volunteer) would be responsible for collecting
money and paying for the room.  I don't know for sure how we would handle
it because of the fluctuation of attendance, but we could talk about that.

So, what do people think?

Let's talk about this.  I want to start dancing again.  I know there are
others who would like to do it too!

Myfanwy