[Bg-dance] Dance Demo Update

Miriam Robinson Gould madame_sosostris at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 23:05:47 PST 2003

Hey all,

I waited to post this until y'all would hopefully be back from Gulf Wars.  I
talked to Trudi Landis, the woman requesting the demo.  This is for her
school's medieval feast, which is finalized on April 3rd.  I'm supposed to
be dancing in the Mirage show that night (although I need to confirm that)
so that means I can no longer organize the demo. So the first thing is that
we need someone else to take over.

I do, however, have more information on what the school is looking for.  The
feast starts at 6:30.  I suggested that the dance demo happen at 7:30 so a)
there's a clear time for it and b) there's plenty of time for the kids to
eat and do their planned performances so the dancers won't have to wait
through this. If y'all don't think that's a good idea, that's fine.  Trudy's
pretty open.  Trudy saw the Wells Branch Demo and loved it so she's looking
for something similar... about 4 dances, hopefully ending in one that
everyone can dance to and with introductory patter that talks about the
history of the dances in between.

In service,

Sayidda Tahira bint Ibrahim al-Ishbiliyya