[Bg-dance] Dance this Sunday! 6/12

Nadine Latief nl33 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 8 19:45:49 PDT 2005

Greetings,

There'll be European dancing this Sunday at the Wells Branch Rec Center. We
meet at 6 pm. Directions available: http://ianthe.org/sca/dance/
Come brush your dancing before Kingdom Dance on June 18th! More info below.

Next dance guild is June 26th.

Yay! Dancing!
    Lowrie

Good friends and neighbors,

Come one, come all to the best dance and music training symposium in the
Kingdom of Ansteorra: Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium 2005 (KDMS).  The
event is hosted by the Canton of Westgate, within the Barony of Stargate,
and will be held on Saturday, June 18, 2005.  Gate opens at 8:00 am.

There will be a day of dance workshops as well as fun-filled merriment and
revelry.  Class tracks are arranged by skill level, so ALL are
welcome!  Come learn dance from 15th and 16th Century Italy, a variety of
English Country Dance, a set of Mimed Bransles and Burgundian Basse Dance,
among others.  Topics include simple steps to complex reconstructions and
translations.

Our special guest is Dr. Yvonne Kendall, a reknowned expert in the area of
renaissance dance and music.  She will share her incredible knowledge with
all who wish to partake.

The evening will be topped off with the KDM Ball to show off what you've
learned throughout the day.

KDMS will be held at Boni's Dance Studio, 9102 Forest Crossing Drive, in
The Woodlands, Texas.  Please see the June Blackstar or click
<http://www.clancircle.com/kingdomdance>www.clancircle.com/kingdomdance for
more information.  An attempt at period clothing in required for
admission.  The cost is an amazing $10 which includes a sideboard dinner!

It will be a day of fun and learning.  We look forward to seeing you in the
Houston area on June 18!

In service,

Ld Antonello del Bello
Ld David Dayly