[Bg-dance] February Dance guild

ball00nz@aol.com ball00nz at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 13:48:11 PST 2006

February 2006 Dance guild

  The guild met twice in January. Several couples met to practice the
dance for Candlemas. Master Pug and HL Myfanwy joined the dance guild
on January 22 and shared how to have fun with dance, reverance honoring
your partner. Thanks to them for sharing thier dancing with the guild.

  Guild is open to all dancers all levels. We start the meeting with
basic dances to warm up then step into dances we are refreshing.
Presently we are working Queens Alman, Earl of Salsbury, Montard
Bransle. We are adding dances from the Inns of Court Old Alman, Madam
Sosilia Alman and Black Alman.

  At this time I am teaching from 2 similar books that can be copied
from the Internet.
 Terpsichore X www.cynnabar.org/downloads
 Northshield version is Large print www.geocities.com/il_ballarino

  February we will be meeting the 2nd and 4th Sundays. In February we
will have a mini ball February 12 and I ask the dancers to dress in
garb, bring a dessert, and dance for fun. All are welcome. Times 6-8 pm
at Wells branch recreation center on Shoreline Dr.
  Mark you dance card for  April. We will have a guest dance instructor
teaching" More fun English Country dances". She will teach 2nd Sunday
in April and 4th Sunday in April we will review and reinforce the
English Country Dances.

 Respectfully submitted,
 Lady Isabella
 Dance principal Bryn Gwlad