[Bg-dance] January Dance Guild

ball00nz at aol.com ball00nz at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 10:44:34 PST 2006

January 2006 Dance guild
 Happy New year

  The guild met once in December. We gathered in dress and with desserts
for a wonderful evening of dance. The New years eve wedding group
surprised their friends and family with some renaissance dancing. They
had over 30 couples join the bride and groom on the floor for Horses
bransle and Maltese bransle. Thank you to the guild members who help
prepare the bridal party as well as attended the wedding. Thank you to
Thomas, Sharon, Stewart, and Colin for attending also.

  Guild is open to all dancers all levels. We start the meeting with
basic dances to warm up then step into dances we are refreshing.
Presently we are working Rufty Tufty, Hearts ease, Whirlygig, Jenny
Pluck Pears. We are developing a list of dances from the Old Measures
(Inns of Court) to build a repertoire for demos. These dances will
include Quadran Pavan, Turlelone, Earl of Essex Measure, Tinternell,
Old Alman, Madam Sosilia Alman and Black Alman.

  At this time I am teaching from 2 similar books that can be copied
from the Internet.
 Terpsichore X www.cynnabar.org/downloads
 Northshield version is Large print www.geocities.com/il_ballarino

  January we will be meeting the 2nd and 4th Sundays. All are welcome.
Times 6-8 pm at Wells branch recreation center on Shoreline Dr. In
January we have invited dancers to come and help us embellish our dance
styles, learn to kidnap, show honor to our partners with style,and
FLIRT. Master Pug and HL Myfanwy will be joining the dance guild on
January 22 to share how to have fun with dance - flirting.

 Respectfully submitted,
 Lady Isabella
  Dance principal Bryn gwlad