[Bg-dance] Date for an Austin shindig

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 1 09:23:18 PDT 2008

The e-mail message is now at home, but I think someone suggested an
area-wide dance revel after the Bryn Gwlad demo for the Wells Branch
MUD.  Saturday, September 6, maybe?  I wonder how practical that is.

Some people are going to be out at the demo much of the day or all the
day (Thomas of Conway, frex, is likely to be there at 0dark:30 for
setup), and doing setup and/or teardown.  Some will be dancing several
times during the day.  It will be hot, and if we're unlucky about
winds it will be humid.  In previous years, as I recall, after the
demo closed down, I was interested in (1) dinner and (2) lying down
and not moving.  Also, if the demo ends at 6 PM, most will want dinner
(unless we go to the Wells Branch MUD people and buy out their
remaining turkey legs and sausages and corn), so figure 7:30ish or so
for the start of dancing, but people who are day-tripping from Houston
might need to start leaving 8ish or so.

What holes can be poked in my arguments?

Daniel Lindonium
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com