[Bg-dance] June 2008 European Dance guild

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jun 19 09:53:58 PDT 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Cindy Derrick <cindy at mccr.org> wrote:
> The dance guild will meet this Sunday.

Yay!  I hope I can *finally* teach the two dances I've found out
about.

Last weekend, I was at a gathering where I saw a dance done but not
called.  I'm told that it's "the oldest figure dance" and "dates from
the '70s" (is that the 1570s or 1470s?).  It certainly has the
appearance of a bransle, though with certain interesting variations.
However, I don't have the music or more information about it.  Rest
assured that I shall research this dance, yclept the "Electric Slide",
in the hopes that I shall be able to present it at some point.

Danet de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com