[Bg-dance] Question for the membership

Charlene Charette clclists1 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 13:26:27 PDT 2008

Myfanwy ferch Eifion wrote:
> This list was originally created for basically a reminder list.  I got told
> regularly that dancers didn't see the reminders on the BG list but would see
> reminders on a smaller list.  This was back a while ago when mail filters
> weren't as easy to set up.  I personally do not see much use for this list
> anymore.  I think we should encourage people who want to talk about dance
> stuff to talk on the ansteorra-dance list.  The only thing I could think
> that this list could still be good for would be for talking about Candle
> dance information.

I like to see what other groups are doing with dance and I know you also
have other non-BG members on this list, but I don't see as how it's
going away would negatively affect us.

If you basically need this list only for practice announcements, I see
no reason not to use the Ansteorra-dancers list.  That list currently
doesn't get much traffic, so people moving there from here needn't worry
about having to wade through tons of emails.

Antonello can chime in (*waves* at Antonello), but I believe he keeps a
mailing of anyone interested in getting our practice announcements and
he also cross-posts to (IIRC) Ansteorra-dancers, Coastal, and
Hou-announce.  This method does require someone to be the
keeper-of-the-list.

--Perronnelle

--
A politican's words reveal less about what he thinks about his subject
than what he thinks about his audience.  -- George Will