[Bg-dance] [ansteorran-performers] A Dance Done Differently

Zach Most clermont1348 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 13:22:20 PST 2008

Very cool!
  Gaston

________________________________
From: "Sweet, Debby" <deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu>
To: "mooneschadowe at yahoogroups.com" <mooneschadowe at yahoogroups.com>; "ansteorran-performers at yahoogroups.com" <ansteorran-performers at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 1:22:06 PM
Subject: [ansteorran-performers] A Dance Done Differently

Here’s an interesting depiction of Gelosia by the Tanzgruppe Domencio, a dance group out of Germany. They have five other videos as well: 1 – Newcastle; 2 – The Indian Queen; 3 – Mafredina & Rotta; 4 – Grimstock; & 5 – Branle Cassandre.

They have definitely made up bits and pieces out of dances I am familiar with – so I suspect that the others have been ‘tweaked’ as well. After all, I’ve never seen or even thought about doing Newcastle with swords before (http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=W_4oX3QlfR4&feature=related )

However, it’s a fun, very “performance” piece they have done of Gelosia:

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=VS-QMp_ dlqc&feature=related

Enjoy!

Estrill__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE