[Bg-dance] Things that didn't work well

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Feb 28 10:14:21 PST 2010

The Shadowlands Thrd Sunday dance practice was held in an atrium.
It was nice for dances where you travel because you didn't have to
form a tight circle and watch out for others, but could wander all
over at will.  However, following Kaitlyn and her partner up the
stairs during Ly Bens turned not not to be the fun and carefree act
of whimsy that I'd expected.  To heck with making eye contact: I dared
not lift my eyes from staring at my feet.  The railings were
life-savers, and that's not completely metaphorical.

I suppose that, for a *slow* dance like a pavane, it *might* have a
use in teaching SMALL STEPS OR DIE.  Though probably not.  Or if you
can make it up the stairs in 16 or 12 or 8 pivas.

Oh, and running the line of dancers thru the 6' gap between the stairs
and the wall during Black Alman?  Back away a double and return: step
thump thump thump step wait wait wait.

For your amusement, as always, Dannet de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com