[Bg-dance] Yule Revel - Dec 11th

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 13:00:13 PDT 2010

Hail Dancers,

In case you did not see it, Alina (steward for Yule Revel) is asking for a Dance Coordinator.  A person to coordinate dance classes during the day and some dance sets in the evening.

I basically said the guild will provide...but feel free to jump up and say "I will be the COORDINATOR."

I am asking for clarification on what time amounts are anticipated.  Once we know that, it will be easier to plan both teaching and dance sets.  I am also checking with the musicians for their support.

Does anyone think they would like to take a leadership role - such as teaching one of the classes or being the "Lead" for a dance set?  If you teach--we can ensure music is available and, who knows, we might have a music prep person hanging out to help.

If you are interested, please do let me know.  Also, if you have a specific dance you would like be part of the dance sets, please let me know - after all, you should never let me pick all the dances <evil grin>.

And because there is just not enough dancing in a day, we'll be having the next D3 - Dance, Dress, and Delectables on Dec. 12th.  In other words:  Yule Revel, Day 2.  That will be the last Guild meeting for the year.

Thanks for your support!

BTW, the week before Yule is the Hellsgate Yule Revel from 6-10 pm.  They also would like dance leaders to help provide dance in the evening.  I'm suspecting it will be like Dance Guild where a quick walkthrough is taught for each dance before dancing.  I do not have confirmation on musicians there--but I will be there with the bard-in-a-box equipment.  They request an RSVP to have an approximate on numbers attending.

Sorcha ni Fhaolain  aka Star
Dance Guild Principal
star7fisher at aol.com