[Bg-dance] "Lull Me Beyond Thee" as a Candle Dance

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 12:50:18 PDT 2010

You wanted thoughts pertinent to Lull Me Beyond Thee, right?  Not my opinion about your epithet...or is it epitaph--whichever one doesn't include death...

I agree that before we modify for candle dance purposes, I want to get the "How to dance it as Right as we think" done.  For example, that last chorus when we discussed it should be a cast through other couple and back to place.

Let's concentrate on getting it down right, much like we've done with Argeers and Road to Lisdoonvarna.

Meanwhile, someone suggested talking to someone about Spanish (or new Spain) type dances to suit theme for Candlemas.

In November we'll start discussing Candle dance specifically and use the Intermediate hour to finalize styling whatever we choose to the dance.  We've done other dances that we modified for the candle dance so we'll probably modify what we dance to best suite the lighting considerations.

BTW, I sent Gaston a heads up of the three dances we discussed last time and some links to sheet music of LMBT.  So we may resolve the speed issue when dancing with the musicians.  Meanwhile if we can find or manufacture a faster version, let's pursue that.

Thems my thoughts

Star