[Bg-dance] Pavanes?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Apr 25 11:57:23 PDT 2011

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Susan Scott <gwenneth40 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mannschaft, Earl of Salisbury.  Okay, drawing a blank here.  We just
> don't do many pavanes.  They tend to be a bit dull for dancing.

"Dull"?  I manage to flirt outrageously with Star when I do pavanes,
or flirt with whomever ...

... everyone DOES realize that I flirt just to be silly / dramatic,
I dearly hope? ...

Anyway, it's possible to spice it up with various attitudes.

In Arbeau, the basic pavane is used to process into the room and to
parade past those sitting and watching, so you don't really need
choreography.

As for kneeling in whichever pavane it is: you can just stand instead
of kneeling while holding the other gentle's hand (switching it from
side to side as they orbit).

Daniel Lincolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com