[Bg-dance] Dance Practice this Sunday - Yippee

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 10:45:44 PDT 2011

I don't know about y'all, but I'm itching to dance...provided we have good A/C.

European Dance Guild:
Come join us this Sunday for our regular European dance practice.

We meet the 2nd & 4th Sunday each month from 6-8 pm at Wells branch recreation center on 3000 Shoreline Dr Austin, Texas 78728.   Guild is open to all dancers, all levels.  Street clothes are the norm for dress, though garb is welcome.

Intermediate Dancers Addition:
Intermediate Dancers, there is an additional hour meeting 5-6 where we work on more challenging or new-to-us dances.  Goal is to smooth out how to do and teach dances.  This session may include the eternal search for an appropriate Candledance for Candlemas discussion.

Upcoming Special Dance Opportunities:

August 28th - Dance, Dress and Delectables mini-revel during regular dance meeting.  Last time Sir Gaston received the Silver Chalice, who knows what may happen at the next <grin>.  We will also be doing Challenge Dances again where each person helps choose a dance and a challenge for it.

September 17th - Renaissance in the Park.  We'll be doing 2 dance demos for about 20 minutes each.  Time is still up in the air for when.
October 1st - Fable Fest.  We'll be doing a dance demo for about 30 minutes.  (event is Noon to 5pm)

Sorcha ni Fhaolain, "Star"
Dance principal Bryn Gwlad