[Bg-dance] Dit de Bourgignon

Zach Most clermont1348 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 19:11:08 PDT 2011

That's unfortunate.  I love that song.
  Gaston

----- Original Message -----
From: "tmcd at panix.com" <tmcd at panix.com>
To: bg-dance at ansteorra.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:46 PM
Subject: [Bg-dance] Dit de Bourgignon

One of the musicians, I think Hugh, asked last night about the tune
and dance Dit de Bourgignon.  It happens to be in the Ansteorran
Kingdom Dance Workshop 1990 booklet and tape -- a chance-meeting, as
we say in Middle-earth.

Unfortunately, Mistress Urraca from the Middle (dance Laurel, help to
organize this year's Known World Dance Symposium) says "This is a
modern choreography.  I don't know the source, but I've heard that
it was not Scadian in origin."  I can pass on contact info if anyone
wants to pursue it.

Looking at the dance, it looks like no dance style I know: Italian
steps, but danced in a circle holding hands, and including a circular
hay like an English country dance.

Danyll de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com