[Bg-dance] European Dance this Sunday

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 21 17:45:46 PDT 2011

Speaking of anachronistic dance,
http://history.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/07/21/funny-pictures-history-square-dances-renaissance/
The last line before "and promenade" is so very very true.
I wonder if it's actually a pavane, which I think Arbeau mentions is a
way that dances could be started.

European Dance Guild:
Come join us this Sunday for our regular European dance practice.

We meet the 2nd & 4th Sunday each month from 6-8 P.M. at Wells Branch
Recreation Center on 3000 Shoreline Dr, Austin, Texas 78728.  The
practice is open to all dancers, all levels.  Street clothes are
usual, though medieval clothing is welcome.

Since someone has attended who is sensitive to strong odors, please
limit adding fragrance before dance.  Thank you.

Intermediate Dancers Addition:
Intermediate dancers, we will meet and continue working some of the
more challenging dances, like Argeers, from 5-6 pm.

If anyone has a particular dance they want to do, please let me know.
I always like to hear suggestions.

Upcoming Special Dance Opportunities:

* August 28th - D3 and Challenge Dance Fun - bring a delectable and
join us in a mini-revel along with our Challenge Dances where each
person can choose the dance and the challenge for that dance.  Often
this means the dances are as much fun to watch as dance!

* September 17th - Wells Branch Community Center. We'll be doing a
dance demo for about 30 minutes, at some point in the 4 or so hours
currently planned.

If you know of another, please tell me.

Danyll de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com