[Bg-dance] Importing any dances from Gulf Wars?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Mar 23 16:24:00 PDT 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, myfanwy at pug.net wrote:
> Daniel, did you go to Terpsichore?  How was that?

Much as usual.  There were two subtleties this year on the dessert
table.  One was a drum, and it looked realistic enough that there had
to be a sign to ask people not to try to play it, as it would have
broken the (marzipan?) icing.  The other was a wonderfully detailed
shore-scape with a Viking longship landing Viking Peeps.

I got my liege lady to make Bryn Gwlad Cheese Goo (labelled Ansteorran
Cheese Goo) for the dessert table.  It ran out of bread before the goo
ran out, so people were spreading it on quiche.  Then the goo ran out.
So v. popular.

Oh, the dancing?  Much as usual.  In an effort to get people there on
time for the first classes, they advertised the start time at 9 AM.
Unfortunately, some of us looked at the on-line schedule at
<http://cynnabar.org/events/terpxvii/classes> and showed up at 10 AM
anyway ... or in my case, 10:10 AM, just too late to join the class
I wanted.  Do look at the 9 AM classes on that schedule -- they're a
hoot.  Middle Eastern 9 AM is the best.

Master Master Philip White taught La Chirintana, and I am with child
to teach it.  There are several others that I would advocate, but I
have to dig out my notes.

I have 40 copies of the new booklet.

Daniel de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com