[Bg-dance] Sunday 22nd Popular and Journeyman Dance Meetings

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 19 09:32:50 PDT 2012

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012, star7fisher at aol.com wrote:
> Reminder, Daniel may be back with new Terpsichore books!

I have 44.  (Well, plus my autographed copy.)  Alas, I didn't get our
Lull Me Beyond Thee in there, nor our Chestnut -- I was way late and
the compiler, Alina, didn't send a reminder.

I brought back 4 Gresley dances.  New Yere's Eve: a drunk concussed
fighter could do it.

2 complicated ECD, one of which tied with Lull Me for "Most
Disasterous Performance at the Evening Ball".  (Memo to self: use
chunk names and run thru it more times.)

There are 2 simple cascarde (a type of Italian 16th C), but I fear
becoming the guy who says "how do you know you don't like beets if you
haven't tried them in every way they can possibly be prepared?
Beer-battered refried beets with chocolate sauce -- you HAVE to like
them THIS time!".

2 more complicated 15th C Italian, but we should nail down Rostiboli
Gioioso first, and these I didn't find as attractive as the cascarde.

Daniel Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com