[Bg-dance] BG dance schedule

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 24 22:39:50 PDT 2012

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Charlene Charette <charlene281 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm recovering from building the new house and starting to get a
> social life again. I'd like to start coming to BG's
> dance. ... What's your schedule? Weekly? Bi-monthly?

Yes.

Bryn Gwlad has intermediate dance on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each
month.  The nominal start time is 5 PM, though we usually don't get
off the ground until later, and goes on until some time after 7 PMish.

General dance is on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.
Intermediate is 5 PM (more precisely on those days) to 6 PM,
general from 6 PM to 8 PM.

Thre is no meeting on the 5th Sunday of a month, so no meeting next
weekend.  Star had discussed a road trip to Shadowlands, but I don't
know if anyone has contacted them about it.

Hugh is planning to go to San Angelo soon, but that's a tad further
from Houston, and I don't recall whether it's this Friday or next.

Daniel de Lindo

Location: Wells Branch Municipal Utility District Recreation Center.
     3000 Shoreline Dr, Austin, TX.
     30 degrees 27 minutes N, 97 degrees 40 minutes W.

Schematic map VERY MUCH not to scale (and it only works in a
fixed-width font):

                        Round Rock

                                         |             |
                                         O-Grand------## Exit 248
     |           |                       | Ave Pkwy    |
     |           |                       |             |
     |           |                  ...--O--...        |
     |           |                       |             |
     OO----------#--Shoreline-     MUD   |             |
     |           |            \__________O             |
     |           |                       |             |
   Toll 1       1325                Bratton Ln       I-35

                          Austin

VIA Toll 1 or FM 1325 (old Mo-Pac / old Loop 1 / Burnet Rd), get to
the light at FM 1325 and Shoreline Drive and turn east.  Details:

* Coming from the south on FM 1325: 1.4 miles north and the second
   light north of Wells Branch Parkway / Howard Lane.  Turn right
   (east) onto Shoreline Drive.
* Coming from the north on FM 1325: 1.5 miles south and the third
   light south of SH 45 (Toll 45).  Turn left (east) onto Shoreline
   Drive.
* Coming from the south on Toll 1: take the Shoreline exit, turn right
   (east) at the stop sign, go 0.25 miles to the light at FM 1325, keep
   going straight.
* Coming from the north on Toll 1: take the Shoreline exit, turn left
   (east) and cross the bridge over Toll 1, then go straight at the stop
   sign, go 0.25 miles to the light at FM 1325, keep going straight.

Now you're on Shoreline Dr going east.  Go 0.8 miles past the
Shoreline Christian Center and just past all the apartment buildings,
and the MUD rec center will be on your left.  If you reach the
dead-end at Bratton Lane and Shoreline, you've just passed it.

VIA I-35: exit at Grand Avenue Parkway, exit 248, and turn west (left
if coming from the south, right if coming from the north).  Continue
on Grand Avenue Pkwy 0.6 miles until it dead-ends into Bratton Lane,
and turn left (south).  Continue south on Bratton 0.4 miles, turning
right (west) at the second stop sign, which will be Shoreline Drive
(Pflugerville Fire Station 2 will be on your right). The rec center
will be ahead 0.1 miles on your right, adjoining the MUD office.
If you reach the stoplight at FM 1325 and Shoreline, you've gone 0.8
miles too far; make a U-turn and see above.

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com