[Bg-dance] Set for Spring and other area dance

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 10 18:02:22 PST 2012

[Austin's English Dance eLetter for January came out.  Dancing this
Friday at Cumberland Presbyterian Church.  Another, free, on Friday,
January 27, at Hancock Recreation Center.  Also,]

Set for Spring 2012
     Save the date - March 23-25, 2012.  Austin will be hosting the next
Set for Spring English dance weekend at the Texas Federation of Women's
Clubs, Grand Ballroom.  We will have calling by Scott Higgs and music by
Foxfire (Daron Douglas and Karen Axelrod).
     Registration is open for this event.  Go to the Website at
www.setforspring.org and either mail in your registration or register
via PayPal.
     We'd love to have your help for this event.  Contact one of the
committee members if you are interested in helping.
     One area where we will definitely need help is with hospitality.
Even if you haven't registered for the event yet, please consider
hosting people in your home.  Go to the Hospitality page on the Set for
Spring Web page and send the pertinent information to the hospitality
coordinator.
     Additional information will be posted on the Website as the date of
Set for Spring approaches so check the Website periodically.

Other English Dancing Coming Up
.    The 54th Annual San Antonio Folk Dance Festival will be held March
16-18 at Our Lady of the Lake University.  There will be an English
dance workshop taught by George Fogg, starting at 1:30 on Sunday, March
18.  There is a suggested donation of $5 for this session.  George is a
highly acclaimed English country dance teacher and many of us Austin
English dancers have enjoyed and benefited from his workshops.  It isn't
necessary to register in advance for the workshop, but go to
http://safdf.org for more information on the event.

Notes
     Check the Traditional Austin Area Dance Association (TAADA) Web
page at http://www.taada.us/  and http://www.taada.us/ECD.shtml for the
English dancing Web page.
     "Austin English Country Dance" is on FaceBook.