[Bg-dance] Memo: darkening the hall

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jan 9 10:30:58 PST 2012

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, s1ren <s1renwoman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay. See, there's this nifty little flat thing on the wall,
> usually, with anywhere from one to four (sometimes more) little
> square knobby things that stick out of it, that you can level
> upwards or downwards...

The problem I was thinking of is people who light the candles on their
tables before the candle dance and the ceremonial lighting of all the
candles.  Is it enough if we have someone (*cough*) herald before the
dance to bid people extinguish all the flames?  (N.B. must avoid the
phrase "kindle fire".)  Is there a handout at the gate and can we get
info into it?  Maybe it would help to have little aluminium foil caps
over each candle that we set out, or would people just take them off
and light them anyway?  Basically, I'd like to brainstorm.

Danyll de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com