[Bg-dance] KWDMS Friday

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jun 22 20:21:59 PDT 2012

I am told that two experienced dancers have moved to Austin and are
planning to become active after settling in.  They are a former landed
baron and baroness.  Unfortunately, I don't remember their names or
what group they were b+b for.  I did give my card to the person who
told me this.

I knew a fair number of dances at the ball.  Unfortunately, I was in
"energy saving mode" and had to decide to only do some essentials.
Much worse, I didn't put on much baby powder and wore no shorts under
my tunics today, the which I sore regret.  VERY sore.  So I didn't get
to do the Gresley dance or the simpler 16th C dance that we practiced.

The classes are 1:15 with 15-minute gaps and major gaps for meals:
9-10:15 AM
10:30-11:45 AM
1:30-2:45 PM
3-4:15 PM
ball starting at 8 PM

So GEEZ you have enough time to get to the restroom between classes,
and get some water, and chat a bit, and some teachers were having to
stretch things to fill their time ... but that meant lots of reps of
doing the 16th C cascarde, so yay.  But I suspect it meant a fair
number of conflicts -- I had some agonizing today.

The ECD classes are
- Black Nag, Jenny Pluck Pears, Grimstock, Millison's Jegg
- Lord of Carnarvon's Jig, Mage on a Cree, If All the World Were
   Paper, Goddesses
- My Lady Cullen, Tom Tinker
- Chestnut, Goddesses, Hyde Park, Picking of Sticks, Scotch Cap
- Whirligig, Parson's Farewell, Nonesuch
- Progressive dances: Chirping of the Nightingale, Lady Cullen, Once I
   Loved a Maiden Fair, Up Tails All
- Adson's Saraband, Old Mole, Scotch Cap (5x), Confesse
- Glory of the West, Argeers, St. Martin's

Several are those that I know (a version of) all but one or two.  The
ones today all conflicted with other things I wanted more.  The last,
on Sunday, I may make a point of going to.

I went to an intro Gresley class (a couple of overlaps with before)
but skipped an intro to Lovelace class (I knew one of the two dances
and mostly it was to be discussion).

Danett Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com