[Bg-dance] Oopsie on Grene Gynger

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jun 4 08:48:55 PDT 2012

Grene Gynger was the new Gresley I taught, the one that starts

- a trace: trett, retrett, double forward; repeat
- forward heart pattern
- take one hand with your partner and take two slips down

I specified the trailing hand: "lord's" side left hand taking "lady's"
side right hand.  Star complained that it felt awkward to take the
trailing hand, which is why we tried two hands and then none.

I rechecked the instructions from Emma and Martin.  They (really she,
I think) *did* specify leading hand.  I had been going by the diagram
but I must have been holding it upside down.

Given that
- Gwenllian has concerns about her shoulder
- "rake" doesn't specify anything about hands or not
- we didn't in practice need to hold a hand to keep good distance
   while raking
I plan to teach it and remember it without hands.

Nevertheless, I would like to try it one more time while holding the
leading hand just to see how well it works.

Danihel de Lindocollino
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com