[Bg-dance] Half Hannikin

Charlene Charette charlene281 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:57:38 PDT 2012

Last Sunday were we discussing that John Millar created the circular
version of Half Hannikin most commonly done in the SCA. His name came
up in another context on the ECD mailing list, to which someone
responded in part: "As a dance historian, John Millar is a very good
shipbuilder." (The rest of her post about him was equally amusing.)

The man had some rather questionable ideas. I have no problem with his
Half Hannikin as a new choreography (rather than a reconstruction).
It's a good, basic ECD.

As for the title, I had some info on that, but of course can't find
the book right now. Apparently after the move a few of my dance books
got separated from the rest.

--Perronnelle

--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.  --
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)