[Bg-dance] Italian dance workshop date?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Apr 7 14:32:42 PDT 2013

Italian dance workshop on Saturday, May 4, from noon to 6 P.M.

I'm pretty sure of Perronnelle, Myfanwy, Gwenllian, and me.  If there
are other prospective attendees on this list, I'd like to know.  I'll
advertise on the Ansteorran Dance list, the SCA Dance list (why not?),
and the main Ansteorran list (and apologize for being against Grand
Baronial).

Perronnelle, what parameters did you have in mind?  The Austinites [1]
listed above know the Italian Top Hits (Petit Vriens, Amoroso, not
enough for Gelosia but we know it, prolly Rostiboli) -- maybe
advertise no utter dance beginners but knowledge of Italian is not
needed?  Might we also get a two-page cheat sheet of steps that can be
referred to?  (That's one of the barriers for me.)

I'll try to bring some snacks for during the day -- cheeses, meat,
crackers.

I'd like to go to dinner with people afterwards: Four Seasons, Red
Robin or Cheddars, or other suggestions that people may come up with.
It's been a while since I've gone to Oasis, in the same shopping
center as Four Seasons: pizza, kebab, buffalo wings, salads, subs,
gyros.  (If you go to their menu at
http://www.oasis-pizza.com/default.htm , note the "next" links at the
bottom of each page, or you'll think they have a very limited menu!)

[1] austEnite is gamma phase iron.  Or sometimes a more academic fan
of Jane Austen, but Janeite is more common.  I first typed "Jane
Austin", but that's for trolling uncritical students.  But I digress.

Daniel de Lindo
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com