[Bg-dance] Fwd: [SCA-Dance] Gracca Amorosa Flash Mob at Pennsic War (Tuesday, July 30, 12pm)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jun 26 14:38:45 PDT 2013

     ---------- Forwarded message ----------
     Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:12:13 -0400
     From: Felice Debbage <felicedebbage at gmail.com>
     To: SCA Dance List <sca-dance at sca-dance.org>
     Subject: [SCA-Dance] Gracca Amorosa Flash Mob at Pennsic War (Tuesday, July 30, 12pm)

Greetings, Dance Enthusiasts,
You all are invited to participate in a "Gracca Amorosa" flashmob at this
year's Pennsic War! Meet at noon on Tues., 7/30 in the wide, grassy south
merchant area near the main gate for the flashmob. (This is the space near
Raymond's Quiet Press, the vending machines, etc., just south of that main
road that leads right up to Troll. There's a very large tree just south of
the grassy spot.) We will probably start the "show" at about 12:15pm, but
there will be "planted" musicians there starting around 11:50ish. If you
want to just show up and participate, act "normal" and go shopping nearby
or hang out with friends on the grass. But look at each other, and do not
stare at the musicians or the space where the action will happen. You could
act amused when Felice and Luther start dancing, but it will look
impressive if you can gradually "start" watching them after a few rounds.
The key thing to remember is that unless I've told you otherwise, you will
start dancing or playing after the "random pickup dancers and musicians"
have done the dance one time through. Then, you can join in as we repeat
the dance from the beginning. Afterwards, take a quick reverenza with your
partner, and just walk away like nothing strange ever happened at all. ;-)
You can invite anybody else you want, so long as they know the dance and
know how long to wait before joining in.

Don't know the dance, "Gracca Amorosa"? I am teaching a class on it Monday,
July 29, at 10 am in the dance tent. We will learn all the moves and
practice how to start the flashmob so you'll look like a pro when we
perform it for the lucky folks who happen to be strolling by. Musicians who
can play the song well are welcome, too! If you need sheet music,
contact Gebhard
von Lozengia<http://www.facebook.com/gebhard.vonlozengia?directed_target_id=219975508061504>,
at dcrackel at gmail.com.

Questions? E-mail me at felicedebbage at gmail.com, message me on facebook,
where I'm Sarah Joseph Cordingley (Felice Debbage), or join the Middle
Kingdom Dance Enthusiasts group, which is where I will post any changes or
additional information.
--
Good dancing to you!

Mistress Felice Debbage