[Bg-dance] Demos

star7fisher at aol.com star7fisher at aol.com
Wed Aug 13 08:28:12 PDT 2014

Hi all.

On lists was this message:

Al hayl, good Barony!

And welcome home travellers! Since everyone is more or less back, I wanted
to bring up our Demo or Die schedule again and hopefully get you excited to
come be part of a demo or two...or three! Remember, that I will be offered
a bit of brag swag for folks who are helping with demos!

Saturday, Sept 13: Pflugerville Pub. Lib.'s Medieval Day. It would be great
to have at least 4-5 demo table and a dance demo. No fighting demo needed,
but I would love to have some armour folks can touch and maybe even try on.
Guild leads expect emails. Folks who are helping, I am encouraging to bring
a book (period or modern, fiction or non-fiction) that inspires you in your
SCA life (yes, the Hobbit would count!).

Sunday, Sept 21: Ren Day in the Park, More info coming, but you know the
general drill. Look for my Deputy, Garreth The-Traveler?, and Caitlyn
Porterfield? to be stepping up to organise this baby. :)

Saturday, Oct 4: Girl Scout Demo at Castleton. We are to be there from
1-4pm. There will be about 250 girls, 4th grade and up. So, I am forgoing
the typical table plan and aiming for a rotating station plan. Hoping to
have Rapier, Chivalric, Dancing, Clothiers, Bardic, and Games. Look for
more info as I learn it or come up with it!

I plan to be at the September demos, but I cannot do the Oct. 4th demo (other commitments that day).  1) Anyone planning to participate with that demo?  2) Anyone want to take lead on it for Dance?

Star