[BG-heralds] "Hrethric" (was: Help with a name?)

Fields Family Farm fields at texas.net
Sun Aug 29 10:58:13 PDT 2010

I'm sorry - when I said it was mentioned once, I meant with the spelling I
prefer, with the 'eth' as opposed to the 'thorn'.

See line 1189 of that same manuscript/transliteration.  In that instance it
is transliterated as 'Hre(eth)ric'

As far as I understand, all other transliterations (and translations) stick
with the 'Hre(eth)ric' transliteration.  I'm told that there are good
linguistic reasons for leaving out the 'n' in the transliteration.
Something about it would not be pronounced, and/or may have been an error on
the part of the scribe, much like the spelling of the name two different
ways.  Do I need written attestation of that from a linguistic researcher?
What counts as a good source in this case?

Hrethric/Rick