[BG-heralds] Throwing out the first orb at the game

Wendy Erisman wenthlyan at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 12:44:34 PDT 2010

Greetings --

I was going to bring up this question at senior heralds on Thursday, but since we have the list, I'll do it now. The request below is from Tom Sheppler, and I have no answers for him. Anyone else?

Best,
Gwenllian

I'm using the lists of Italian names from http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/italian.shtml,
 primarily http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/italian/tratte/
 (Aryanhwy merch Catmael does wonderful things)

Planning on the gdgdgf format that was fairly popular in the
mid-late 1500s...

So, how's this for a random string of annoying names for Heralds to
call on the field? :D Tommaso di Attaviano di Leonardo Dragonetti

the
 three given names are all commonly in use in the Tre Maggiori..
Dragonetti as a surname has but three records, but I like it... :)

Now with a surname of Dragonetti, maybe I need to rethink the
device.. ditch the owl, go for a dragon. *grin*

Do you have
online links for late period Italian heraldric styles/examples?