[BG-heralds] Switching device and badge

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Dec 6 09:36:32 PST 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Lynda Boots <aetheldreda at lycos.com> wrote:
> John of Severn has asked to switch his device for his badge and his
> badge for his device.  I think I've heard of this being done, but
> don't know how to accomplish it.  Anyone know?

The action type in the LoAR should be along the lines of

     John of Severn.  Exchange of device and badge.  Sable, an example
     argent.

         His old device, Gules, an example Or, is now his badge.

I suspect all that's needed is (N copies of) a letter signed by him,
with his name (real and SCA), the blazons, and a clear statement that
he wants to swappie-doodle them, but let me run it by the sovereigns
of arms to be extra sure.

Danielis Lindocollinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com