[BG-heralds] Name change submission

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Mar 18 16:41:05 PDT 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Liam Gordon <cenliamgordon2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings to the list!

Anyone replying to the list, you can leave tmcd at panix.com off (I'm
still on the list) but please remember to keep
cenliamgordon2005 at gmail.com on the list of recipients.

> I want to chance my submitted and approved name from William to
> Liam. I have the documentation, but want to find someone to help me
> out with the paperwork.

What's the documentation?  I recall looking up Liam some years ago and
learning that it's a very post-period short-form.  (A Laurel ruling in
1992 asserted that it's modern.)  But maybe new evidence has been
found -- for example, we used to think Wendy had been invented in
Peter Pan, but I think it's since been found in period.

Danett de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com