[Blacklake] populace talking points

Russelle Bragg brynach.efflam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:24:40 PDT 2007

My lords and ladies,
    Greetings, from your oddly silent Seneschal. Do so lament, I have been
so silent as of late. The time is nigh upon us to seriously start planning
for our event, Western Sentinel.
We are looking to hold Western Sentinel Nov 9-11 2007, by my best guess this
will be our 20th. This year I, notoriously known as He With the Helium Hand,
have many great ideas as to prizes and activities. Alas many of my ideas are
to grand and slightly less realistic than some would care for them to be. So
far these are my ideas:

ACTIVITIES:
Chivalric
Light weapons
Bardic - SCA classics
Bardic - performance (insrumental, dance, ect...)
Mongos Highland games (if Mongo will do it)

IDEAS FOR ACTIVITIES:
Audience participation
Games (chess puzzle or ...)

PRIZES:
Chivalric - Hand me down+ Need idea  armor maintenance kit??? possibly
Rapier - New hand down + need idea case with "Dualing Pistols"
Bardic classic - Bound book with SCA songs and CD with relevent songs
Bardic performance - need idea
Highland games (if we have it)
 rock carry - soap
 sheep toss a sheep or lanolin lotion
 Caber toss -need idea- I threw a stick tunic?
 Overall winner - need idea -

Tokens:
SITE: a kite shield with a simple sword(crusader style) with a lone rose
draped over shield and sword. along the side of the shield Western sentinal
X X ( or apropreat #)
FEAST: Some thing usable Cloth napkins or coaster for drinks ect some thin
gat will bea used over and over at feast.
An idea for a token for activities: as we have made garb, sometimes we have
remanants to large to toss but to small to really do much with.  My idea is
to take said remanants and make small pouches out of them.   Some of the
larger pouches we can use for prizes and what not.
My goal here is to make as muchas we can with out spending an arm leg and
ect for prizes.  Also create activities that we can do as a group.  I want
people to look at the prizes and go "WOW! I have use for that."  One can
store only so many baskets and candles.  Idealy, I want no one to turn
around and use the stuff for largges.
ANY AND ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME...
Share your ideas and thoughts at populace this coming Sunday