[Blacklake] A&S 6/2/09

Thomas tomjenkins at suddenlink.net
Tue Jun 2 08:32:50 PDT 2009

Sorta off subject, but I thought I'd give everyone a heads-up.

As most of you know, I ruptured a disc in my neck earlier this year. Unfortunately, that's only the first of the bad news, as an MRI and a myelogram later showed I have a pair of other discs that are bulging, and possibly on the verge of rupturing. I was supposed to have surgery in April, but the procedure was way more invasive than I was willing to do, and I would have just been trading one pain for another.

Unfortunately, I'm left with a piched median nerve which has numbed most of my right hand and a right arm much too weak to wield a sword. And while the numbness and weakness could subside with time, I'm still left with an injury that could later cripple me if I don't use care in what I do physically.

And with that, and at my doctor's advice, I've been forced to give up heavy fighting. I've already told Aaron, and I'd be lying if I didn't say my heart's broken over this. But I have to put my daughter's life and happiness first, and providing for her has to be at the top of my list.

I'm selling my armor and arms. Its a good set made up of stainless steel, five lame joints from Ashcraft Baker, and good leather. The helm is by far the best I've ever owned. I've put it up on eBay for now, and if anyone would like the link I'd be happy to email it to them privately. I also pan to sell my basket hilts and my shield hilt once I've sold the armor. Honestly, I'm hoping my misfortune can serve as someone else's good luck, and depending on the demand, I'm even thinking of building armor to sell later, once I've emotionally come to terms with this change in my life.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. If I can be of service, please don't hesitate to ask.

Logan Macleod

Tue, Jun 2, 2009.