[Blacklake] Armor for sale... Last chance before it goes back up on eBay

tomjenkins tomjenkins at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 10 10:58:18 PDT 2009

Hey guys... Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up that my armor didn't sell on eBay, so if anyone is interested, please contact me. I'll be re-posting it on eBay in the next few days if i don't find a buyer locally. Here's what's included (if you'd like to see pictures, visit eBay and look up item No. 250436257743):

This auction is for a full set of SCA leather and stainless steel armor. The set includes the following:

  a.. One helm, stainless steel with unique nasal design. This helm was constructed by the professionals at Ashcraft Baker ( http://www.ashcraftbaker.com ) and is entirely stainless steel, except for the face mask, which is black-painted SCA grade cold-roll steel. There are some scuffs from previous use, but nothing a little touching up won't fix. The helm is padded and strapped, and with minor adjustments will be field-ready in minutes.
  b.. One stainless steel gorget. This is a very high quality gorget (made by Ashcraft Baker), and is padded with blue closed-cell foam. It is leather strapped with snaps on the side for easy on and off.
  c.. One leather kidney belt. This kidney belt is already strapped and ready for use (up to a 50-inch waist). It is made from high quality leather, padded with blue closed-cell foam and laquer hardened for exceptional protection from even the heaviest weapons. Meets or exceeds SCA requirements.
  d.. A pair of hardened-leather half guantlets. Constructed by the fine workman of Nightshade Leather. Adjustable size and superior construction/materials.
  e.. Two stainless steel elbows with leather vambraces. Five-lame stainless elbows (also Ashcraft Baker) with high quality, laquer-hardened leather vambrace. Strapped for large fighters but easy to modify. Also includes upper-arm, non-stiffened leather protection and strapping, as well as closed-cell foam padding.
  f.. Two stainless steel knees with upper and lower leg leather protection. Five-lame stainless steel construction (Ashcraft Baker) with lower (shin) protection and upper leg and thigh protection. Sturdy strapping and buckles.
All leather is veg-tanned, heavy weight Tandy leather, dyed black and treated with mink oil and saddle soap for sheen and weather proofing. High quality rivets and Tandy buckles were used in the construction of this set of armor. The leg armor is designed to be hung from a belt worn around the waist.

This set of armor was tested and passed inspection at Gothic Wars (Kingdom of Ansteorra). Although it is designed for a larger man (I'm 6'3", 280 lbs), it can easily be modified for a smaller fighter. I've fought in the SCA for nearly 20 years, and this is the most comfortable set of armor I've ever owned or constructed. The combination of leather and steel allows for lighter weight than full steel sets, yet much more prtection than minimal leather armor.

I'm asking $500 for the set (as long as it doesn't have to be shipped)... For more information e-mail me at tomjenkins at suddenlink.net or call or text me at 432-816-6858.