[Bonwicke] Important Things to Consider

HE Chiang chiang at clearwire.net
Sun Dec 28 20:28:34 PST 2008

  Greetings Bonwicke,
I am having a hard time writing this but thought that I really should. There are some things we really need to think about in the very near future. Our paid memberships are down below what they need to be to stay a Barony. At present we are about 4 members short. While this would be fairly easy to make up, we need more than just ghost members. We need real people. Over the last few years, for what ever reason, our membership numbers have been falling. This is not just a problem here but all over Society wide. It is just more dire here right now.
  We barely have people to cover needed offices, or deputies for them either. We have at least one that is coming up that we will need a replacement for. If something is not done or does not change, we will soon not be a Barony. Many of us have worked way too hard over the past nearly 20 years to see this happen.
  We need more than just ideas to boost membership and recruitment, we need the older more experienced players to come back out. We need people that have let their memberships expire, to renew them. We need people that have stopped coming out to come back out. The few that do play are not going to be enough to stop what may be down the road. We are going to need the help of everyone that possibly can help. Come back out to fighter practice, even if you do not fight, we would enjoy the company, if the weather is too bad, we can meet indoors. Host a guild night, heck host a revel, just do something.
  I know that when the West was dissolved, it hurt a bunch of us, and most of us pretty deeply. It crushes me to think that the same thing may happen to Bonwicke. Her Excellency Wu and myself will do what we can but we can only do so much. We, meaning Bonwicke, really need everyone's help. Renew those memberships, come back out, have some fun. If you got mad at someone and stopped playing, come back out and show them they can not run you off. If you just got bored, come back out and do something to make it more fun. If you can contact someone that has not played in a while, do so and get them to come out with you. What ever it takes.....so long as it is legal of course.
  And on a more personal note.....I do not want to be the last Baron of Bonwicke.
  I am and remain Yours in Service,
  HE Chiang,
  Present Baron of Bonwicke
  Companion to the Order of the Centurions of the Sable Star
  Companion to the Order of the Star of Merit