[Bonwicke] Help establishing a group?

Sarah Fountain myladyrowena at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 16:53:05 PDT 2010

Some of you may remember me (I feel like I'm introducing myself anew every
couple of months or so), but I am Beatrix Funteyn, and I live in the wastelands
between Bonwicke and Aldersruhe (by mundane reckoning - Plainview).  I have been
approached by a handful of people who have heard of the SCA and are interested
in getting involved.  However, they would like to form a group in the
wastelands, since treks to the glorious barony are not always feasible.

As far as I know, I am the only dues-paying SCA member who lives in this part of
the wastelands, and I know nothing about the logistics and complications of
forming a subsidiary group.  Any help, advice, direction, etc. that other people
could offer (on or off-list) would be greatly appreciated.

Along those same lines, the new people who approached me would like to gauge the
level of interest in the SCA in this area.  My idea was that we (these people
and I) would host a revel, which would feature information-sharing about our
organization and possible preparations for going to an official SCA event.  It
seems easiest to hold a revel a couple weeks before Artisans.  This way, people
could go to a real SCA event that was relatively close and still have a little
time to get garb ready, if necessary.

Does any of this sound like a good idea?   If it does, I would really appreciate
any help or suggestions that people would be willing to share.  My friends and I
are trying to give ourselves plenty of time to think through the process and get
all of the administrative ducks in a row.  If nothing else, this revel could
serve as a promotional/recruitment tool for the Barony and to promote the
Artisans event.

Thank you, in advance, for your help and suggestions.  They are all greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Beatrix Funteyn