[Bonwicke] Bonwicke Roll of Arms & OP--need your help!

Melissa Barton m.alanebarton at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:10:48 PDT 2011

Good folk of Bonwicke,

I would like to put together a roll of arms and order of precedence for the
Barony of Bonwicke, but to do this I need your help. A roll of arms/order of
precedence is useful for a number of purposes, including making it clear who
has what awards (useful for people to write recommendation letters!),
providing a visual depiction of registered arms in Bonwicke (useful for
scribes and anyone who wants to make a heraldically-appropriate present),
and indicating order of lining up for various court purposes.

If you would like to be listed, please take a few minutes to send me the
following information offlist, to m.alanebarton at gmail.com :

1. SCA Name (if you have one)
Please note whether it is registered and include alternate registered names
and "known as" usenames; please also indicate any accent marks or special
characters somehow if you use them.
2. Preferred title (if you have one; may be an alternate title).
2. The blazon for your device, if you have a registered device (the blazon
is the heraldese text description).
If you have a graphic of your registered device, please send that along as
well, although I will probably be creating emblazons digitally for
consistency unless an emblazon is stylistically unusual.
3. A list of awards you have received (and dates if you have
them)--Ansteorran awards are most important, but please include awards from
other kingdoms as well as local groups.

I would also like to use this information to ensure the Ansteorran Roll of
Precedence is up to date--at present, the list of gentles in Bonwicke is
quite short (
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/op-group.php?group=Bonwicke&format=1), and
I know there are more than a few members of the barony not on that list.

For example, here's what I would write:

1. Leonor Ruiz de Liso/n (registered), Sen~ora
2. Or, a bend sable between four pomegranates gules slipped and leaved vert
seeded Or.
3. Argent Hart -- the Outlands 2010-07-24
Golden Nightingale -- Outlands, Caer Galen 2008-04-27
Award of Arms Outlands 2005-06-25
Gentle Dragon -- Outlands, Dragonsspine 2005-04-02

Your cousin in service,

Leonor Ruiz de Lison
Baronial Herald