[Bonwicke] Fw: Bonwicke Archery today at 2 PM

Kira Langsjoen kolfinnakyrii at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 23:14:22 PST 2012

For the general Bownicke Populace, and for anyone who is interested:

As the current, acting bonwicke, archery officer, I would like to again announce to the populace the official archery acitivities that will happen for the remainder of December.

Thus far, we have had three official archery activities.  For the first two (Dec. 1 & 8), I was both the acting marshal-in-charge and the warranted marshal present.  For the most recent archery practice (Dec. 15), Ld. Francois was the acting marshal-in-charge and HE Toshiro was the warranted marshal present.  This was an official practice.

There was a minor confusion as to who claimed the title "warranted" in the following summary of practice, but regardless the practice on the 15th had the needed officers/marshals present.  I made sure of it before I left town for my winter break.

All three of these practices were official local activities, and Ld. Francois was acting both with my blessing and with my complete and total enthusiasm.  I regret that there has been misunderstnadings regarding his most welcome description of the time/place/date/happenings at this week's archery practice, but I could not be more delighted at his enthusiasm, or more thankful for his willingness to run this and next week's practices and his willingness to share this activity with the general populace.

Next Saturday (Dec. 22), Ld. Francois will be the acting marshal-in-charge and HE Toshiro will the a warranted officer present at the Local Bonwicke Archery practice.  I highly encourage everyone who has the least bit interest in archery to attend this practice, as Ld. Francois is both an enthusiastic archer and a wonderful instructor for the newer participants.  The targets that the barony has so generously purchased provide a wonderful training tool for the up-and-comming archer.  If you need directions, see the Calendar page of bonwicke.ansteorra.org.

For the matter of whether or not people are confused at so who is the current marshal:
Yes, I (kolfinna) am the current marshal.  But, even if people contact Ld. Francois first regarding archery questions, I am not the least bit concerned.  Ld. Francois makes a noticable effort to be up-to-date with both SCA archery rules and the current protocol within this Barony.  I have never suspected, nor never will I suspect, that he is attempting to misrepresent either himself or this Barony.  I hope that everyone in this region, this city, or anywhere in this Kingdom feels comfortable contacting Ld. Francois about archery because he is a wonderful and rare resource that we have available.  Even if he sent an email with a confusing signature block once, I have no doubts that he will continue to build, strengthen, and support the SCA and Bonwicke.

I sincerely hope that everyone has a delightful week.  If you have questions regarding archery in the Lubbock area (or anywhere near us), about this email, or about anything thta might even relate to archery, please feel welcome to contact either myself (kolfinnakyrii at yahoo.com) or Ld. Francois with your questions.

kolfinna in kyrra Otarsdottir
Kira S. Langsjoen
Archery Marshal
Living in Bonwicke
Bonwicke's Current Acting Local Archery Marshal