[Bordermarch] Trumpeter submission

madpict at sbcglobal.net madpict at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 24 11:01:04 PST 2004

Looking at the recent weather, and remembering this year's Autumn Melees, I thought I would submit something written there. The Chronicler hereby has my permission to use this or not, as he/she pleases, whenever it suits them.

Value for Value

A stormy day,
Cold, wet and blustery.

Memories of being "rained out".
Memories of times I refused to be "rained out".
And amusement with myself at how foolish that often was.
And yet, and yet...

The friends, my loved and cherished family.
The times we've shared, and how much poorer I would be had I missed them.
Would I trade even one of those cold nasty days to be warm and dry at home?

Not in a million years.

                                                    In Joyful Service,

                                                                Iain MacCrimmon

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
                                                                                                                                   Benjamin Franklin, 1759