[Bordermarch] Sir Andelion du Axegarth / mundane news

benliz benliz at ev1.net
Tue Dec 14 22:49:56 PST 2004

Zane called home just to "speak with Andelion." This week Andelion was a guest in our home, traveling on his way to Dallas from an engagement in Mississippi.
We first met Sir Andelion du Axegarth in the SCA in 1976 but we established a solid friendship beyond the game.  He is the original founder from aproximatley Anno Sociatus IX or X "Pais Cumbrie" (spell?) which was soon reformed and renamed Bryn Gwlad.  He asked us yesterday about how to get in touch with the Baron of Bryn Gwlad.

He is a father of a college-age daughter. He is an educator,
Dr. Miles R. Jones, of Jones' Geniuses Accelerated Learning,
  www.jonesgeniuses.com
Miles has five or six educational pages that click from his home page.
With his techniques, his first or second graders could out-math members of the school board!

Andelion is a beloved personal friend of ours. He loved Zane and Aaron growing up, and they loved him. We still *call* him Andelion, but know him well as a professional educator, Miles Jones.   We have been friends through thick and thin and many of the hurdles and changes encountered in his life's journey and ours.

He is a remarkable educator of children, with his own techniques for accelerated learning in math and language, for either school systems or home schooling.
He has several degrees, knows several languages; he could probably teach in any university anywhere in Europe, yet he chooses to teach kids.

Miles is involved deeply in a total other project:  a book about the *Saudi Arabian site* of Mt. Sinai location, *across the Red Sea from* the "traditional" Egyptian/Sinai Peninsula map adopted since the days of Constantine...
Miles and a team are developing a book about writings and archaelogical findings at the "Mountain of Moses" (so called by the native inhabitants) on the "Midian side, the other side" of the Red Sea ... believed to be the actual Mt. Sinai.

His Mt. Sinai research involvement came about with his knowledge of linguistics and interpreting ancient languages, etc. He has interpreted some etchings found repeatedly on stones, "Everywhere your foot shall tread, that land I shall give you" as the Lord told the nation of Israel wandering in the Exodus wilderness. Those writings are on the Saudi -  Midian -  side of the Red Sea!  He has a book in the works about it.
www.jimandpenny.com
Jim and Penny Caldwell are the searchers who spent 8 years on the Saudi side studying, climbing, and digging.   They have pictures of chariot wheel remains, now coral, under the eastern finger of the Red Sea on the coast of Midian, and other findings towards Yemen.

Jim and Penny make their home in Mississippi. Andelion was in their home this week, and he stopped over to stay with us on his way to Dallas.

This may take a bit of your time to look into it, but I think you might find it interesting, particularly if you knew Andelion...

Grace and Peace to all,
Tessa / Liz
cc: Thomas, BG