[Bordermarch] A&S Activities

Cameron Crane cameron at anderson-studio.com
Fri Jan 30 13:58:26 PST 2004

Greeting Mark, et al.
    I've been doing a lot of studying the last month on Bow making. I have
finished making my first Bow, which I plan to compete with at Bordermarch
Baronial archery competition. It is a maple bow -7o" long & 32 Lb pull at
28" draw -a flat bow, similar to the ones used 4,700BC in England. Still
considering if I'm ready to do the documentation and be able to also enter
it into the A&S.
 I'm working on my second Bow, more along the style of an English Long Bow.
It looks like it will be about 67" and after I finish tillering it will
probably end up a lot closer to a 15# bow.  A lot weaker of a bow then I
really want, but it was a sapling that my son cut down last summer and an
interesting piece of wood (hickery) that is a little wavy in one limb and
quite a few little knots in the wood. I decided to take it on as a learning
tool to get more experience working with a challenge.  If it makes it to
completion without breaking, I will likely document and enter this one in
the A&S competition.

In Service to Our Kingdom,
   Barony Bordermarch and the Dream!
Phocas    (mka:Cameron)