[Bordermarch] farenheit 9/11

charles netterville cnetterville at ih2000.net
Mon Jul 5 13:05:33 PDT 2004

Buddy,
    Usually I'd be the first one to agree with everything you've said. What
you've gone over is exactly what the nation of Islam teaches and they are a
peace loving people who hold their values and religious beliefs near and
dear. If only it were these people of whom we discuss this day.
Unfortunately we don't fight against the nation of Islam, we fight against
radical Muslims who claim to follow the teachings and edicts. They have been
shown which scriptures to study and how to interpret them much as a cult
leader brainwashes followers in this country. The leaders know full well
that they can't seek to regain power unless there is unrest and chaos in the
region so they in fact not only do not want, they can not afford for there
to be peace and happiness. This is one of the reasons the terror attacks
have stepped up against civilian targets in and around the region. Most of
the people actually carrying out the attacks are just as you say, a new
generation now old enough to bear arms and who probably genuinely want peace
but have been lied to all this time.
I'm coming to the cynical view that until we've killed off the ones trained
to hate us and can have a positive influence in the new generation our task
in the middle east will be a painful one. It's my hope that the new
government can provide enough stability to show the majority of the people
what  can be achieved through democracy and self government. After that
spark ignites among a few, those few won't allow it to be extinguished by
the radicals and only then will we be victorious. Ironically, we can only
win when they win. Thanks for the new perspective though. It's opened up an
entirely new avenue of thought.